Clean up fast after a sewage backup or sewage spill with help from AV Flooded House Restoration.
A sewage backup can be a very unpleasant experience for all involved. You may be reluctant to even touch anything that’s been in contact with the dirty water ever again. You’re not wrong to be squeamish. Sewage and water contaminated with even a small amount of sewage can contain all kinds of fungi, bacteria, viruses, pathogens, and parasites. For the safety of your family, it is absolutely essential to get professional help with sewage damage restoration. At AV Flooded House Restoration, our staff is specifically trained in safe sewage handling and disposal practices and we can make sure your home gets clean, safe, and dry as quickly as possible.
Key Steps in a Sewage Damage Restoration Project
- Initial Assessment: As soon as you call AV Flooded House Restoration, we will dispatch qualified specialists to your property to assess the damage. Working with your insurance company, we will create a comprehensive plan for returning your property to pre-disaster condition.
- Water Extraction: Using our professional water extraction equipment, we can ensure that as much contaminated water as possible is sucked out of every crack and crevice in your home. We dispose of this dirty water safely.
- Removal of Unsalvageable Materials: Typically, it’s best to discard any absorbent or porous material that has been contact with sewage for any amount of time. We can help you identify these materials and discard them safely. Expect to lose all carpet, padding, drywall, and insulation that came into contact with the sewage.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: Hard, non-porous surfaces may be salvaged if they can be properly sanitized. After removing any residue, we use professional-grade cleaning agents to disinfect and clean every surface in your home that has been in contact with sewage. This serves to eliminate the health risks associated with exposure to sewage as well as prevent future mold growth.
- Drying & Dehumidifying: After a flood of any kind, simply opening up a window isn’t enough to dry out your property. You need industrial-strength fans and dehumidifiers strategically placed throughout your property to draw moisture out of the home. We use advanced moisture detection equipment to ensure we locate all problem areas and correctly position the drying equipment.
- Repair & Reconstruction: Once everything is clean and dry, we can set about replacing any wood, carpet, wallboard, etc. that may have been compromised. We do quality work and love saving our clients the hassle of calling a separate contractor for reconstruction services.
Don’t Put Your Family’s Health at Risk! Call Now for Professional Sewage Cleanup
Remember, professional help is at hand 24/7 to help you recover quickly and completely from a sewage spill of any size or severity. Call AV Flooded House Restoration now to get our experienced cleanup crew on site right away.